Have you been pondering joining a professional membership? Stop pondering! The benefits for most do outweigh the costs to join. You can find many free memberships. Here is a list of top 6 reasons to join at least one.
- Find job opportunities – There are exclusive listings that other professional members provide.
- Mentorship – If you are a startup or new to the industry, there are many mentorship opportunities available to you. This is better than paying a consultant!
- Professional development opportunities – Many organizations host seminars, workshops, and provide whitepapers to help you develop professionally. They also provide you with discounts to other important seminars.
- Networking opportunities – How many times have you ended up at an event and gotten nowhere with your leads? Well, being a member of a professional organization places you in a room full of like-minded business individuals.
- Have exposure to many educational pieces – How does access to major industry newsletters and magazines sound to you? Professional memberships give you access to free publications and discounts on videos and journals. By becoming a member, you will have outstanding privileges. You can stay on top of the issues that matter such as keeping abreast of industry standards, new statistics, receiving updates on policies, and best practices.
- Show your social impact – As a small business, you may not have the time or resources to show your social commitment. You may want to participate in community activities or sponsor charitable events, but unable to now. Associating your business with a professional organization that does engage in charitable events is a great look for your business.